Getting Your Skin Prepped For That Holiday Tan.

Getting ready for holiday can be fun buying new outfits to wear, Packing your case and choosing the right products. But what about that all important tan and how to keep your tan for longer and keep it in tip top condition.

So here is what I do before leaving for my holiday to prep my skin ready for that holiday tan. No one wants their tan to peel during the holiday and with these few steps you can be sure your tan will last longer.

You want to make sure you exfoliate as you will have dead skin cells on top of your skin these skin cells will start to flake and thats gonna reveal fresher skin underneath thats not tanned, As your dead skin cells are just clinging on and will become dry revealing fresher skin your tan will look patchy.

Check out how and what I use to slow down that peeling process.

Firstly scrubbing your skin I have been using two different products to reveal fresher skin.
Above is the fantastic Soap & Glory The Scrub Of Your Life. This is a lovely light scrub that helps to remove your dead skin I find this very gentle.
This is my fav combo to remove my dead skin cells and this will work perfect and your skin will feel so soft and lovely. I apply a few drops of the Dove now you can use any type of body wash or shower gel to the gloves I find it so easy to scrub my skin when wearing these gloves.
This is such a lovely moisturising body wash that feels so nice a leaves your skin feeling smooth.
These are the very soft and and when worked in circle motion all over the skin (avoid delicate or broken skin and avoid the face) very effective to remove dead skin. Leaving smoother skin underneath. You can find these any where I find the supermarkets are the cheapest and work well.
I use this as a mask to unclog my pores and also I use this as a scrub before I leave to get rid of all the dead skin on my face as this is a gentle way of removing dead skin. This is the Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1.
Now after you have removed all that dead skin and you now have clean fresh skin you want to moisturise it well to keep it smooth and soft as well as well moisturised this will keep your skin in tip top condition as well making it look beautiful for your bikini body. I use this Soap & Glory Body Butter This feels so nice on the skin and also feels nice and cool as its a thick body butter. Keep your skin moisturised throughout your holiday and when your back try not let your skin dry out.
As I return from holiday I always use these steps to keep my skin looking good usually about once a week i scrub my skin to get rid of dead skin and if my tan starts to get lighter I just apply a self tan click to see which one I use.

This is the most effect way that I keep my tan without it peeling off I have been back from holiday for 23 days and my skin has not peeled once,
I'm not saying this will work for everyone or that you wont peel completely as everyone's skin is different but these steps help me in keeping an even tan for longer.
Also before applying fake tan scrubbing the skin will give your fake tan a smooth base.

Have A Fabulous Holiday.

Lauren
x

Comments