Homemade Strawberry Lip Scrub

Strawberry Lip Scrub 
I love using lip scrubs It's the mini exfoliator for your lips. My lips get dry through out the year and using lip scrubs help keep my lips free from dry flaky skin and keep them soft and looking there best.
Here is how I make my own, Using ingredients from my kitchen. The ingredients are very easy to change to make an array of different colours and any flavours.

Ingredients and price
Caster Sugar £1.49
 Vegetable Oil £1.49
Food Colouring 90p
Food Flavouring Strawberry 90p
All purchased from Morrison's.
With this recipe the mixture will fit into a 50ml travel pot.
First I weighed out 40grams of Caster Sugar and then placed it into a mixing bowl.
Next add 2 1/4 desert spoons of Vegetable Oil and mixed really well. You can use any cooking oil.
Then next add 1/2 tea spoon of Strawberry Flavouring and mix really well (Add a little bit at a time and mix, to make sure you like the taste). You can change the flavour to what you like.
 Then add 1/2 tea spoon of Pink Food Colouring (If you add a little bit at a time you can choose what shade of pink you like, light or darker). You can choose any food colouring of your choice.
When mixing the Food Colouring I usually mix it for about 2 minuets until it has turned pink.
Tip: Press the back of the wooden spoon against the bowl with the mixture, helps mix it easier.
All you need to do now is spoon the mixture into a tub.
The pot I used is a Soap&Glory moisturiser pot that I was finished with, and cleaned out.
I always make 40grams because I use the lip scrub every other day.
The sell by date on the product is more to do with your ingredients that you use. But I always make a fresh lip scrub every 2 months and just clean the pot out and reuse it.
When I have used my lip scrub I always make sure I moisturise my lips I am currently using the NIVEA Hydro Care.
Lauren
x


Comments